Thursday 25 October 2012

Finally I am updating!!!!


Hello All! 

Yes again I have been neglecting my updates!! Since the last time I wrote I had the opportunity to experience the backwaters of Kerala. We traveled from the beach town of Alleppey on a day train where we boarded a boat which cruised along a series of canals that are like roads in this town. We ended up in a small village where we found our home stays. The group was split among three homes. Myself and three other girls were in the home of a rice farmer Matthew (yes, many Indian Christians in this area and many have Christian names) and his family. They were very sweet and wonderful hosts. They have one teen aged daughter still living at home. She chatted with us in the evenings and taught us some Indian card and board games. In the day we went out onto a houseboat and just cruised all day long through the canals. 

From Alleppey we caught another train to Fort Kochin... This is essentially a tourist area in the middle of a big city. Even so, it was a treat to be there... Quite streets, nice shops, and some of the best food yet!the breakfasts in the cafes's here were out of this world. This is where the tour ended so it was also a place of good byes... 

I flew back to Delhi with four Aussie girls that were on the tour. In Delhi I treated myself to a night at a nice hotel near the airport and had four hours of spa treatments before transferring to the hotel where I met my third group.

No comments:

Post a Comment