Friday 31 August 2012

On the ground in Hong Kong

And the journey begins! After 40 mins standing at the Cathay Pacific ticketing counter, a very overwhelmed but incredibly sweet agent arranged to change my flight. So I am officially spending the night in Hong Kong. I think I will try my hand at riding their rail system into Kowloon where my hotel is located and then either wander the neighborhood or find my way to the Star Ferry which will take me to central Hong Kong. I am looking forward to finding some new food and maybe taking a few photos. 

-------

I am now safe on the ground in Hong Kong. In fact I am all tucked in bed and just taking some time to write before I fade away. As expected, the Hong Kong airport was very nice and easy to navigate. I was able to drop my big heavy bag of gear with a storage service and then found a taxi to my hotel in Kowloon (this is just across the harbor from central Hong Kong). I immediately found my way out of the hotel towards the water. It was almost 10 pm, a little hot, and very very humid! Everyone walking around with shiny faces... There is a beautiful walkway along the harbor that provides a wonderful view of the Hong Kong skyline across the water. I only brought my point and shoot camera with me tonight, should have brought the other one... There are many opportunities for night shots here. So after an hour or so of walking I found my self a huge bowl of prawn wonton noodle soup and a cup of tea. This city is very easy to be in, and English is absolutely everywhere. I am looking forward to exploring tomorrow before my evening flight to Delhi!

No comments:

Post a Comment