Sunday 2 September 2012

Landed in Delhi! I am safe and sound at the most wonderful Bed and Breakfast... Meera at Saubhag Bed and Breakfast is a wonderfully generous and kind person. I actually wish I was staying a bit longer... I will be back here though between my two tours. The ride from the airport was almost everything I thought it would be. The only things that I expected that weren't there was the notorious awful smell I have been hearing so much about and traffic. Don't get me wrong, there defiantly are not to many rules on the road here that are practiced, but I guess because of the time of day not to many cars on the roads. Some of the highlights of my inaugural Indian car ride were... of course cows lounging on the highway (and I mean literally on the highway, not the shoulder), men lounging on the highway near their stopped vehicles, and many dogs being dodged two of which were clearly distracted by each others company (eh hem).

The B'n'B is in a nice residential Gated area there is a lovely father daughter pair in the room next to me. I am soon on my way to the hotel where I meet the tracking group. I will try to obtain a SIM card today...If not It's possible that this will be the last entry for two weeks as I am not sure how the Internet access will be! 



 

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you landed and are settled into the B&B. Love you- safe travels on your hike!!! Bee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you started this blog and we get to read up on your adventures. Enjoy your amazing time away. I love you. M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a nice looking B&B (just googled it...I'm on graveyards!). Looking forward to reading more of your travels. Emily

    ReplyDelete